Tuesday 27 April 2010

T-23:00 to Take-off

It's almost time to get going. Looking forward to 10 interesting days in the nation's capital. Last few days have been really hectic. The development of the app brought back old memories. I was dreaming code again after a long time. For a change it works. Hope that it behaves on the field. I was Tom Swayer-ed into doing the painting job on the compliant surfaces and they are looking fine now.

Things I am looking forward to:
2 weeks of holidays@home after the visit.
Meeting up with friends whom I haven't seen for more than 6 months (and upto nearly 5 years!)
Alu-parathas and G-Jams! :-)
Staying in a 5-star hotel in India for the first time.
Flying Virgin Atlantic for the first time.

Things I am not looking forward to:
Hidden bugs in the code that decide to surface when the experiments are running.
40C heat that Delhi is currently experiencing.
Customs at the airport, I am carrying too many things (which are arguably research equipment, but try telling that to them)
7 am school time. I hated it as a kid, hate it now and probably definitely even in the future.

Things I am queasy about:
Being back in India again. It changes too much everytime I pay a visit. Has been getting more alien each time.
Going to schools and interacting with kids. Haven't been to a school for over a decade now. Do remember that it was a jungle out there back then. Don't expect it to have changed much now.

Lets see how the things turn out....

No comments:

Post a Comment